Forum Discussion

markkuin
5 years ago
Solved

ReadyAPI - place a map under testsuite

Hello,

Is it possible that i place a map under a testsuite?

Example: Testsuite --> map1 --> testcase1 

--> testcase2                          

--> map2 --> testcase1 

--> testcase2

So i dont have to make a lot of testsuite or a lot of testcases under a testsuite. So I can have a better overview of my tests

Thx

• Hi markkuin,

I don't understand exactly what you mean by 'map' in this regard, however from the context of your post it appears you are asking if there's another object you can place in your project/testsuite/testcase object hierarchy to separate your tests/testsuites diminishing the need for hundreds of testcases in multiple testsuites.

There isnt another object level to be added into the hierarchy....we're limited to testsuites and testcases im afraid.

You can submit a new feature request (sorry cant provide the link im typing this out on my phone) on the smartbear site....if the request gets enough upvotes smartbear consider adding it in.

Sorry i cant be more help,

Cheers

Rich

1 Reply

richie
    Community Hero

Hi markkuin,

I don't understand exactly what you mean by 'map' in this regard, however from the context of your post it appears you are asking if there's another object you can place in your project/testsuite/testcase object hierarchy to separate your tests/testsuites diminishing the need for hundreds of testcases in multiple testsuites.

There isnt another object level to be added into the hierarchy....we're limited to testsuites and testcases im afraid.

You can submit a new feature request (sorry cant provide the link im typing this out on my phone) on the smartbear site....if the request gets enough upvotes smartbear consider adding it in.

Sorry i cant be more help,

Cheers

Rich