Forum Discussion

LostInSpace
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Previously working test no longer works...

Hi!

I have been asked to run a ReadyAPI test that was last run about a year ago.

I am now getting this groovy error when I try to run it:

startup failed:
Script3.groovy: 1: Unexpected input: '\' @ line 1, column 86.
   eDateFormat; use(TimeCategory)\u007B new
                                 ^
org.codehaus.groovy.syntax.SyntaxException: Unexpected input: '\' @ line 1, column 86.
	at org.apache.groovy.parser.antlr4.AstBuilder$1.syntaxError(AstBuilder.java:4597)
	at groovyjarjarantlr4.v4.runtime.ProxyErrorListener.syntaxError(ProxyErrorListener.java:44)
	at groovyjarjarantlr4.v4.runtime.Parser.notifyErrorListeners(Parser.java:543)
	at groovyjarjarantlr4.v4.runtime.DefaultErrorStrategy.notifyErrorListeners(DefaultErrorStrategy.java:154)
	at org.apache.groovy.parser.antlr4.internal.DescriptiveErrorStrategy.reportInputMismatch(DescriptiveErrorStrategy.java:103)
	at org.apache.groovy.parser.antlr4.internal.DescriptiveErrorStrategy.recover(DescriptiveErrorStrategy.java:55)
	at org.apache.groovy.parser.antlr4.internal.DescriptiveErrorStrategy.recoverInline(DescriptiveErrorStrategy.java:68)
	at groovyjarjarantlr4.v4.runtime.Parser.match(Parser.java:213)
	at org.apache.groovy.parser.antlr4.GroovyParser.compilationUnit(GroovyParser.java:362)
	at org.apache.groovy.parser.antlr4.AstBuilder.buildCST(AstBuilder.java:405)
	at org.apache.groovy.parser.antlr4.AstBuilder.buildCST(AstBuilder.java:384)
	at org.apache.groovy.parser.antlr4.AstBuilder.buildAST(AstBuilder.java:424)
	at org.apache.groovy.parser.antlr4.Antlr4ParserPlugin.buildAST(Antlr4ParserPlugin.java:58)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.control.SourceUnit.buildAST(SourceUnit.java:257)
	at java.base/java.util.Iterator.forEachRemaining(Iterator.java:133)
	at java.base/java.util.Spliterators$IteratorSpliterator.forEachRemaining(Spliterators.java:1801)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$Head.forEach(ReferencePipeline.java:658)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.buildASTs(CompilationUnit.java:666)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.compile(CompilationUnit.java:632)
	at groovy.lang.GroovyClassLoader.doParseClass(GroovyClassLoader.java:389)
	at groovy.lang.GroovyClassLoader.lambda$parseClass$3(GroovyClassLoader.java:332)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.memoize.StampedCommonCache.compute(StampedCommonCache.java:163)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.memoize.StampedCommonCache.getAndPut(StampedCommonCache.java:154)
	at groovy.lang.GroovyClassLoader.parseClass(GroovyClassLoader.java:330)
	at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.parseClass(GroovyShell.java:526)
	at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.parse(GroovyShell.java:538)
	at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.parse(GroovyShell.java:570)
	at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.parse(GroovyShell.java:565)
	at com.eviware.soapui.support.scripting.groovy.SoapUIGroovyScriptEngine.recompileWithNewName(SoapUIGroovyScriptEngine.java:151)
	at com.eviware.soapui.support.scripting.groovy.SoapUIGroovyScriptEngine.compile(SoapUIGroovyScriptEngine.java:142)
	at com.eviware.soapui.support.scripting.groovy.SoapUIGroovyScriptEngine.run(SoapUIGroovyScriptEngine.java:91)
	at com.eviware.soapui.support.scripting.groovy.SoapUIProGroovyScriptEngineFactory$SoapUIProGroovyScriptEngine.run(SoapUIProGroovyScriptEngineFactory.java:83)
	at com.eviware.soapui.model.propertyexpansion.resolvers.EvalPropertyResolver.doEval(EvalPropertyResolver.java:161)
	at com.eviware.soapui.model.propertyexpansion.resolvers.EvalPropertyResolver.resolveProperty(EvalPropertyResolver.java:149)
	at com.eviware.soapui.model.propertyexpansion.PropertyExpander.expand(PropertyExpander.java:213)
	at com.eviware.soapui.model.propertyexpansion.PropertyExpander.expand(PropertyExpander.java:221)
	at com.eviware.soapui.model.propertyexpansion.PropertyExpander.expand(PropertyExpander.java:156)
	at com.eviware.soapui.model.propertyexpansion.PropertyExpander.expand(PropertyExpander.java:152)
	at com.eviware.soapui.model.propertyexpansion.PropertyExpander.expandProperties(PropertyExpander.java:135)
	at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.submit.filters.PropertyExpansionRequestFilter.filterAbstractHttpRequest(PropertyExpansionRequestFilter.java:48)
	at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.submit.filters.AbstractRequestFilter.filterRequest(AbstractRequestFilter.java:34)
	at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.submit.transports.http.HttpClientRequestTransport.filterRequest(HttpClientRequestTransport.java:420)
	at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.submit.transports.http.HttpClientRequestTransport.sendRequest(HttpClientRequestTransport.java:196)
	at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlSubmit.run(WsdlSubmit.java:130)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1130)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:630)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:832)

1 error

I get this error when it tries to evaluate this:

${=import groovy.time.TimeCategory; import java.text.SimpleDateFormat; use(TimeCategory)\u007B new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy/MM/dd").format(new Date("${#Project#birthDate0an}") - 58.year)\u007D}

The code in question is put in a custom project property and birthDate0an exists and it is correctly initialized.

Now as far as I can see the parsing of the groovy code fails at the "\u007B" (right curly bracket code in Unicode).

Now I tried to replace "\u007B" by "{" and "\u007D" by "}" and it did not work so it looks like the inner curly brackets must be escaped.

The only thing I can think could have changed between now and 1 year ago when that test was last run is the version of ReadyAPI.

What can I do to make this test work again?

Thank you and have a nice day!

Nick

• There are changes in data time libraries from Jdk 8.

Try something like below:

{
    	"date": "${= import java.time.LocalDate; import java.time.format.DateTimeFormatter; LocalDate.from(LocalDate.parse('2021/03/01', DateTimeFormatter.ofPattern('yyyy/MM/dd'))).minusYears(58)}"
    }

5 Replies

PrathapR
    Frequent Contributor

Hey LostInSpace 

Could you please provide more details?, like what is expected output format, and what format you are passing in 

${#Project#birthDate0an}
    richie
    Community Hero
    Hey LostInSpace,

I suspect youve stumbled across a change that occurred within the last year. A lot of people had this.... i believe a date handling method in the jre was deprecated in the newer version of java or something similar

Im typing on my phone right now,but when i get back to my laptop i'll post what i started using instead.

Ta

Rich
      sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank you richie ! That would be awesome if you could share your approach here!

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

There are changes in data time libraries from Jdk 8.

Try something like below:

{
    	"date": "${= import java.time.LocalDate; import java.time.format.DateTimeFormatter; LocalDate.from(LocalDate.parse('2021/03/01', DateTimeFormatter.ofPattern('yyyy/MM/dd'))).minusYears(58)}"
    }