Forum Discussion

wiseAcre
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago

MissingMethodException: No signature of method

RE:  MissingMethodException: No signature of method Error on LINE 5

I'm trying to increment a param in the xml payload" ReferenceID, and getting the above-mentioned error:

I changed the "setPropertyMethod" to "getPropertyMethod" and the error changed to "groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: ReferenceID

Again, I'm trying to increment the parameter, so the SET method makes sense to me

def ReferenceID = context.expand ('${#TestCase#ReferenceID}');
ReferenceID = ReferenceID.toInteger() + 1;

if (ReferenceID < 990000) {
testRunner.testCase.setPropertyValue('${TestCase#ReferenceID}');   //LINE 5 Error
log.infor "ReferenceID" + ReferenceID;
testRunner.gotoStepByName("ReferenceID")
}

Any idears?

Thanks, wiseAcre

13 Replies

wiseAcre
    Occasional Contributor

BTW:  the "log.infor" is a typo I've already caught.

richie
      Community Hero

Hey wiseAcre 

the groovy experts are better placed to answer this than me, but I'll give it a go.

your script is as follows:

testRunner.testCase.setPropertyValue('${TestCase#ReferenceID}');   //LINE 5 Error
      log.infor "ReferenceID" + ReferenceID;
      testRunner.gotoStepByName("ReferenceID")
      }

so looking at your script, youre storing the ReferenceID variable as a TestCase property entitled ReferenceID

Then you're casting the ReferenceID to integer and adding a 1 and naming that variable as 'ReferenceID' as well

Then you're saying - if the updated 'ReferenceID' variable value is < 990000, then you want to set the TestCase property as the previously updated ReferenceID - is that right?

also - after the log.info line -you have a testRunner.gottoStepByName ("ReferenceID") - does this mean you've also got a teststep called ReferenceID?  Don't really understand what you intend to do here

this is a bit confusing - I tend to separate my names as much as possible rather than re-use as this has caused me problems in the past

also - another point - setProperty syntax typically requires two values - e.g. setProperty("attributeName", attribute)

I haven't got an machine to debug at moment and I'm kinda guessing about what you need but try something like the following:

ReferenceID_incremented = ReferenceID.toInteger() + 1;

if (ReferenceID_incremented < 990000) {
      testRunner.testCase.setPropertyValue("RefID_increment", ReferenceID_incremented);
      log.info "RefID_increment"

}

try the above and see what you think - bit unsure if you need to cast the integer back to string - but it depends on what you want to do 

If you can explain exactly what you want to do  cos I didn't really understand the gotoStepByName command in relation to your description - that would help too

ta

Rich

wiseAcre
        Occasional Contributor

Rich, 
        Thank you for your response, the script below works in the Groovy editor, will update if/when I confirm it is incrementing the xml payload parameter. 
        Credit for this solution goes to Stackoverflow:  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55167067/soapui-how-to-increase-value-by-1-in-property-transfer-target

// THIS WORKS INCREMENTING IN THE TEXT EDITOR
        def ReferenceID = testRunner.testCase.getPropertyValue("ReferenceID");

testRunner.testCase.setPropertyValue("ReferenceID", ReferenceID.toString());
        }

log.info context.expand ('${#TestCase#ReferenceID}')

Steve

PS.  I changed the name of the question to reflect the solution.

aaronpliu
    Frequent Contributor

wiseAcre ,

There is no more complex business logic, so no need to let a problem complication.

you are able to debug your code line by line since it is simple to run your scripts.

from your code snippet, run set method to setup a property (note: only string value would be saved in properties), if it is ok, then using getPropertyValue() to retrieve your value. there is no magic method for set/get.

After you retrieve value from properties, it treated as string as well, then you may need to convert it type (i.e string to integer).

using context.expand ('${#TestCase#ReferenceID}') to parse value in groovy script step or using testRunner.testCase.getPropertyValue('ReferenceID').

Non case-sensitive for properties. If you would like to set property: testRunner.testCase.setPropertyValue("xxxx", context.expand('${#TestCase#ReferenceID}'))   //LINE 5 Error

Thanks,

/Aaron