Forum Discussion

billfry
New Contributor
11 years ago

MTOM odd behavior

Hi all,
I may be showing a bit of newbieness, but I'm looking for help with some unexpected/odd MTOM behavior with SoapUI 4.6.2.
When MTOM is not enabled all works as expected with my web service, though I'm not getting MTOM configured content (as expected).
When MTOM is enabled, it encodes all the content within every single XML tag, regardless of what it is. (unexpected). So it's not just encoding attachments, but rather every little content detail.

For example,
This:
-=snip=-
<nc:DocumentIdentification>
<nc:IdentificationID>251a3760-fa20-451d-b6a9-bf3b3cab6188</nc:IdentificationID>
</nc:DocumentIdentification>
-=snip=-

becomes this:
-=snip=-
<nc:DocumentIdentification>
<nc:IdentificationID>MjUxYTM3NjAtZmEyMC00NTFkLWI2YTktYmYzYjNjYWI2MTg4</nc:IdentificationID>
</nc:DocumentIdentification>
-=snip=-

with a bunch of these below it:
-=snip=-
------=_Part_252_1502108040.1387551646270
Content-Type: application/octet-stream
Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
Content-Id: <http://www.soapui.org/5529055332511>

251a3760-fa20-451d-b6a9-bf3b3cab6188
-=snip=-

I've looked for settings to change, or known issues, but cannot find anything to explain what's going on or how to affect it. It doesn't seem like that follows the MTOM specs, but I'm not certain about that. I just need to encode attached binary files.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Merry Christmas, and blessings to all!

Bill.

2 Replies

• Hi,

Can you share what request properties you have set to , such as Enocde Attachments, Force MTOM, Enable Inline Files, etc. or are you able to share your project? Does your attachment "look" correct in the Attachments tab?
    billfry
    New Contributor
    Everything is pretty much default.
    I've tried changing each of those mentioned in different combinations, but with no change in behavior.
    I just now tried copying the table under request properties, but it only gives me data from the first line.

For my basic attempts, there is no attachment, just XML. But if I don't enable/force MTOM, the content doesn't get the right header for the web service it will need to go to. I'm working with a test environment right now, so I have some flexibility, but the production environment requires MTOM or it won't answer.

Does that help?