Ask a Question

Is there anyway to parameterize a REST APIs Query PARMS?

SOLVED
richie
Community Hero

Is there anyway to parameterize a REST APIs Query PARMS?

Hi,

I've been trying to find alternative ways around the same problem - and I asked a similar question today but perhaps from a different perspective - so I apologise if this appears to be the same post although I dont think it is.

Oh - Ive just reread the other post - and it looks like i did ask virtually the same question - but I was rambling a lot and dont think I was very clear in my question - this I think is a lot clearer than my original post

Capture.PNG

If you look at the image above - you can see I tried parameterizing the REST QUERY PARM NAME value using a custom property I'd created on the testcase.

It didn't work - is there anyway to parameterize the actual name of the parm?

thanks - it seems a bit rubbish that you cant parameterize the parm name - there must be a way to do it .

can anyone steer me in the right direction?

thanks to all!

richie

if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the Subject header field of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems. Ta
11 REPLIES 11
Lucian
Community Hero

I wouldn't worry about it... probably some automatic sistem Smiley Very Happy

If my answer helped please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button.
TanyaYatskovska
SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

hi guys,

Yes, we use such a system here. 

---------
Tanya Yatskovskaya
SmartBear Community and Education Manager

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: