Forum Discussion

Alleyn
Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

In SoapUI Pro Current date and time - no longer working

After a .net upgrade my code for calculating the current date and time no longer works. The below worked fine before  with the below

${= new Date().format('yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSSSS Z')}

but now I get the error

The JSON value could not be converted to System.DateTime. Path: $.occurredOn | LineNumber: 26 | BytePositionInLine: 51.

Can anyone offer some solution please?

• Hey Alleyn,

So weird! It looks like it's parsing and escaping your double quotes and then moaning cos it doesnt like the escaping!

I like your work around!

Cheers,

Rich

5 Replies

richie
    Community Hero

Hey Alleyn 

try ${=new java.text.SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss").format(new Date())} instead

ta

rich

Alleyn
      Contributor

Hi richie 

Thanks for replyin - unfortunately it'll still same error being returned

'0x0D' is invalid within a JSON string. The string should be correctly escaped. Path: $.occurredOn | LineNumber:

26 | BytePositionInLine: 35.

Might just get the value from a Groovy script instead and pass it in and see how that works.

richie
        Community Hero

Hey Alleyn 

There must be something else going on.   A lot of people found they're use of that date() method failing about a year ago and I thought the method had been deprecated in the jre or I think readyapi! moved to openJDK or something like that and so everyone needed to use a different method going forward.

I started using the following at that point:

${=new java.text.SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss").format(new Date())}

and the following is completely overkill, but you could try this which also generates curr sysdatetime

${=import java.text.SimpleDateFormat; Calendar cal = Calendar.getInstance(); cal.add(Calendar.DATE, -0); new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss").format(cal.getTime());}

HOWEVER - I suspect the second option won't help either as it still uses the SimpleDateFormat() & Date() methods like the previous option.

What version of ReadyAPI are you using?  Also - I didn't understand the significance of upgrading the .net - why should this make a difference to ReadyAPI as it's Java.....???

nice one 

rich