Forum Discussion

Dsonntag_16
Occasional Visitor
8 years ago

How to save TLS session IDs returned from z/os AT-TLS full handshake to reuse in another message?

Trying to determine how to retain the session cookies returned from z/os AT-TLS successful handshake for use in subsequent SOAP messages.  From what I understand, there is an abbreviated handshake for subsequent requests once the initial full certificate handshake has been successful. I am pretty green in this area and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Dsonntag_16,

Does your response contain the session ID? I suggest that you explore it in detail. 

Once you find the node containing the session ID, you can use its value in another request via Get Data or save the value to a property and use in another place in your project. You can use Property Transfer to the last one

AntonE
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Dsonntag_16,

If your session cookies are returned in Set-Cookie header in the response, they can be transferred in subsequent requests within the same test case automatically. For that you have to set option "Maintain HTTP session" in TestCase Options (right-click on the test case in Navigator and click "Options").