Forum Discussion

abhijitp26
Visitor
3 years ago

How to connect jdbc to an Excel file to fetch data and compare it with XPath match in ReadyAPI

Hi Team,
I am new to ReadyAPI. I need to fetch data from excel file and compare that with Xpath Match in ReadyAPI.
(I tried to load excel file using data source, but that data source was not able to iterate using data source loop with return request.)
How to connect jdbc to an Excel spreadsheet to fetch data and compare that with Xpath match in ReadyAPI response.
I guess you are aware of this issue or requirement and you may have resolution ready.
Could you please help me on his as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.
Abhijit

4 Replies

richie
      Community Hero
      Just adding to Rao's comment: jdbc is used to connect to databases (stands for java database connectivity) so you dont need jdbc configured to extract data from a flat file.

Ta

Rich
    ChrisAdams
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

In addition to nmrao and richie points....

I think where we should focus is "(I tried to load excel file using data source, but that data source was not able to iterate using data source loop with return request.)".

You must have the pro version to be able to configure a data source and you should be able to iterate over each row.

Can you share an excerpt of your data source and the structure of the test?  When I first tried data driven tests, I had some trouble understanding the data source loop in that you have to bind it to the data source (to create the loop), then say which is the first step inside your loop.

sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank everyone for help!

abhijitp26 how was your issue resolved? Please let us know!