Forum Discussion

taibc
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago

How to config JMS setting for using the same sent/received queue ?

Hi,

I want to use Soapui to test JMS webservice, and we use the same queue for sent/receive queues like this: 

jms://SmartOTP_EMS::queue_vn.smartotp_gw.1.0::queue_vn.smartotp_gw.1.0

But there is a problem: The respone window always show request message, and I didn't get the response content correctly. 

Do you know how to fix this in (we don't want to use different queues for destinations) ?

5 Replies

Nastya_Khovrina
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi taibc,

Thank you for your post. The response which you get will depend on what you get in the queue at the moment. 

For example, if your queue is empty, and, then,  you run this test step in ReadyAPI:

jms://SmartOTP_EMS::queue_vn.smartotp_gw.1.0::queue_vn.smartotp_gw.1.0

you will get the same message as you have in the request.

But, if you have the "Another message" in the queue and you run the same test step in ReadyAPI, you will get the "Another message" as a response. And, the Request message will stay in the queue until someone gets it from there.

taibc
      Occasional Contributor

Nastya_Khovrina : Thank you,

As you said: "The response which you get will depend on what you get in the queue at the moment.".

How can I config to sure that I get the correct response content (I don't want to receive another message). In soapui, we can use JMSCorrelationID for this ?

Nastya_Khovrina
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

taibc,

Yes, you can use the JMSCorrelationID header for this.