Forum Discussion

Alcatel-Lucent__10
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

How can I make loadtest statistics work ?

Hi,

I have created a testcase, which is always run as a soapui loadtest.

I'll try to explain in short what I have done.
There is an external script, which generates files. In my testcase, I have a script (WorkDistributor) checking if a file is present, when present it is picking up the file and depending on the content, a certain action is done. The testcase itself is running as an endless loop, so after executing the required action, I always return back to the WorkDistributor. The reason I run this as a loadtest is to have the parallel execution over different threads.

In my testcase, I have following teststeps :

1. workdistributor : groovy script to parse files and decide next teststep to execute.
2. reloadconfig : groovy script to reload configuration files, when done it returns to teststep workdistributor
3. stoptraffic : groovy script to print some counters when traffic is stopped, when done it returns to teststep workdistributor
4. FormattedBlockNot : request
5. IncrementFBNCounters : groovy script, when done it goes to teststep analyseresult
6. AlertReadOut : request
7. IncrementAROCounters : groovy script, when done it goes to teststep analyseresult
8. AnalyseResult : groovy script, to analyse the result and to do testRunner.results.clear(), when done it returns to workdistributor.

Now, when running this testcase as a loadtest, I don't see the statistics updated. They all remain 0.
I would be very convenient to get a count and timings for each script or request. Especially the timings for the request teststeps would be very usefull information regarding the system under test.

How can this be achieved ? What is the reason that counters are not updated ? Is there a way that I can trigger stats update e.g. every time I enter the workdistributor ?

Already many thanks for your help.

Regards,
Philip

3 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Philip,

by default soapUI only shows statistics for each teststep when the testcase finishes (which never seems to happen in your case). There is a setting for this in the LoadTest options dialog ("TestStep Statistics") which you can enable to get updates for every executed TestStep.

Does that help?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Alcatel-Lucent__10
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

This could be a help, I'm only worried about the performance when updating the stats. Do you have any idea about the impact on the performance of a teststep ?

Thanks,
    Philip
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

it should be negligible, but it does depend on your test setup.. How many teststeps are you executing per second?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com