Forum Discussion

M_McDonald
Super Contributor
15 years ago

Groovy log UI updates stop after some time, don't resume until after a restart

When I am running a test case in the UI, the display of Groovy logging stops after a few hundred lines (not a consistent number), and will not begin again until I close and reopen soapUI.

Output of test cases run from TestRunner shows all Groovy logging.

I am using build daily-2009-05-08-[1].

10 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

thanks.. if you clear the groovy log via its right-click menu, does the logging pick up again in these situations?

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    M_McDonald
    Super Contributor
    No, it just stays cleared, even if I run a different test case.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi Mr. McDonald,

Could you run soapUI by executing the soapUI run script from the command line?

That way you should be able to see standard output where additional logging messages and then you would be able to provide us with extra information when Groovy logging stops. I suspect this could be a bug in log4j, the underlying logging library.

Thank you in advance!

Cheers!
    /Nenad Nikolic a.k.a. Shonzilla
    M_McDonald
    Super Contributor
    I ran a long test (the output was nearly 29000 lines) from the command line like this:

testrunner.bat -sTestSuite -cTestCase -r -j -f C:\test\ -o -i project.xml

and redirected the output to a file. All Groovy log statements were in the output, so this only seems to happen in the UI.

On thing to note, some of the log output is extremely long, say 2500 chars with embedded CRs. Could that adversely affect on the UI behavior?

- Michael
    Mason
    Frequent Contributor
    I've seen the same issue.  The Groovy log stops working at some point.  Requires restart of SoapUI.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi,

the upcoming nightly build of the 3.0 beta should fix this (we've had a hard time reproducing..), please let us know if this is (or is not) the case..

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Mason
    Frequent Contributor
    This issue still occurs for us.  After two or three runs of a suite, the Groovy Log stops updating.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hello,

I set up a loop in groovy but can not reproduce it. If you notice this happens can you provide us with more data?

robert