Forum Discussion

PunkUnicorn
Frequent Visitor
4 years ago
Solved

Git Authentication - no 'Connect' button

I'm trying to connect to my Azure DevOps git repository. I've achieved this before, but after updating recently (to 3.6.0) I can't see the button labeled 'Connect'.

This is how the form is presented to me. It makes no difference if I enter my username and password, there's still no Connect button.

What am I doing wrong, or, how do I get the connect button to show? 
Thank you 🙂

Edit update: Seems like the connect button is on the form but hidden (bug). Pressing tab, to change the current control focus, then spacebar will apparently click the hidden connect button. This is what my colleagues did to get round this. I worked round this a different way; by cloning from git command line then attaching to a local repository.  

• Hi PunkUnicorn !

Thank you for posting a workaround here, let me mark it as a Solution 

>>

Seems like the connect button is on the form but hidden (bug). Pressing tab, to change the current control focus, then spacebar will apparently click the hidden connect button. This is what my colleagues did to get round this. I worked round this a different way; by cloning from git command line then attaching to a local repository.  

1 Reply

sonya_m
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi PunkUnicorn !

Thank you for posting a workaround here, let me mark it as a Solution 

>>

Seems like the connect button is on the form but hidden (bug). Pressing tab, to change the current control focus, then spacebar will apparently click the hidden connect button. This is what my colleagues did to get round this. I worked round this a different way; by cloning from git command line then attaching to a local repository.