Forum Discussion

SuperSingh
Contributor
6 years ago

Generating Test Results for a Data Driven Test

I have my project in SoapUI Pro in the following format.

Project

Suite

DataSource     

TestCase

DataSink

DataLoop

I want to generate reports for each run that is being carried out from the Datasource. (E.g. DataSource has 50 rows, testcase will run 50 times). But I don't see those results generated .

Can someone please help me out with this ?

Thanks !

11 Replies

richie
    Community Hero

Hi SuperSingh

do you need to use the Reporting function or do you just need to archive the requests and responses for your tests?

I feel like I keep answering people's posts with the same answer here - but there's an event handler and a bit of groovy that records the requests and responses and results for each test step in each test in each test suite in a specific project - this does record looped tests (cos I use it myself to record the test evidence) - would this satisfy what you need or do you want to rely on the Reporting option?

I can't help with the Reporting function - but I can with the event handler option.

Cheers,

richie

• Hi SuperSingh,

If you are using ReadyAPI, then you can click on "Transaction Log", you can see the detailed view, that how many times your request get executed and how many time it was Pass and how many times it was Fail.

Click "Accept as Solution" if my answer has helped, and remember to give "kudos" :)

Thanks and Regards,

Himanshu Tayal

SuperSingh
      Contributor

Thanks richie and HimanshuTayal for your inputs.

richie - I am specifically looking for Reports and not archiving the Request/Response .

HimanshuTayal - I need the output of test runs in an independent file probably a PDF format, that will return the status of all 50 tests that got executed from excel.

Thanks !

HimanshuTayal
        Community Hero

Hi SuperSingh,

In that case you acn refer below link, it is for Launch Runner GUI by which you can save execution report in desired format.

TestRunner GUI

Click "Accept as Solution" if my answer has helped, and remember to give "kudos" :)

Thanks and Regards,

Himanshu Tayal

sas
    Occasional Contributor

I have a similar use case. Wondering what was the resolution?

SuperSingh
      Contributor

sas 

I moved to a different project and am working on a different arena now. However, I wasn't really able to get my output precisely on a PDF as I wanted to. But I had the output in an excel file. Generating the file was part of my Test Setup script .

Unfortunately, I don't have code snippets to share with you.

Thanks,

SuperSingh

nmrao
      Champion Level 3
      Data driven test is considered as single test case, hence single test in report. That is by design.

Just think if the test is failed because of one row in the data, will you run the test for only particular row or entire data source?
        sas
        Occasional Contributor

I get that, but I should be able to customize the report to show what data is being tested in the iteration from the data source. 

In that case, the question is how can I customize the report to show the data element on the reports?

sonya_m
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank you for being so helpful nmrao! This is really appreciated. 

A separate post was created for the issue by sas by the following link

Let’s keep the future conversation there.