Forum Discussion

alibaba82
Super Contributor
17 years ago

Datasource loop link lost when datasource is renamed

Hello,
I notice that sometimes renaming datasources/datasources loop etc will results in elements loosing their binding or property transfer will show properties from datasource step that do not exist anymore. I am attaching a screenshot and will email the project for your reference. Please check Transfer_names step in testcase  TC_DMC_01_2_04_AddModule_Name inside AddModule_Invalid suite.

Thanks

Ali

3 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Ali,

Thanks for the report.

hmm.. Is the "ModuleType" property displayed in the PropertyTransfer dropdown a property that had been removed/renamed in the NameValues DataSource? Or had it been used "somewhere else"?

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    alibaba82
    Super Contributor
    I had cloned a testcase and was renaming some of the cloned teststeps. The datasource was originally called 'ModuleTypeValues' with a property 'ModuleType'. There was also associated property transfer called 'transfer_moduleTypes' where i specified the datasource and its property.

After cloning the testcase I had to test Names so i changed datasource/loops/tranfers to correctly reflect the behavior of the testcase.

1. datasource 'ModulesTypeValues' was renamed to 'NameValues'
    2. The property in the datasource was renamed from ModuleType to Names
    3. TransferModuleType was renamed to TransferNames

Inside this transfer when I selected 'NameValues' datasource the associate property was still 'moduletype' even though I had changed the name.

Ali
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Thanks Ali,

I can reproduce this now; when renaming a property in the DataSource the rename is not made visible to other steps before reloading the project (ie restart soapUI or close/open project)

Thanks!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com