Forum Discussion

rajs2020
Frequent Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Big projects loading slowly - How to manage ?

I have seen a few ReadyAPI composite projects which are very big and load very slowly (about 15 minutes or so). I have some questions about this.

1 - How do we figure out the exact cause of the problem?
2 - Are there any limits to project size in terms of MB of size, number of tests etc., after which the project becomes too slow?
3 - If size is the cause of the problem, then do we just need to split the project into smaller projects?

Thanks.

• rajs2020 : Yes the size of the project is the only problem, you can do below things in order to reduce the project size:

1. While using pdf/excel/text file as Test Data, you can add the link of that file instead of attaching the file(This helps me personally in reducing the project size)

2. You can split your 1 big project into different multiple projects of same functionality

3. You can remove all the custom properties added at the time of running after each run(This helps me personally in reducing the project size)

8 Replies

• rajs2020 : Yes the size of the project is the only problem, you can do below things in order to reduce the project size:

1. While using pdf/excel/text file as Test Data, you can add the link of that file instead of attaching the file(This helps me personally in reducing the project size)

2. You can split your 1 big project into different multiple projects of same functionality

3. You can remove all the custom properties added at the time of running after each run(This helps me personally in reducing the project size)

sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thanks a lot Himanshu for the great answer!

rajs2020  does this help?

rajs2020
      Frequent Contributor

Another thing I'd like to add is that ReadyAPI takes too long (5-10 minutes) to open up when it has a too big project. If you want to make ReadyAPI at least open up quickly, then you can delete your profile settings and then run ReadyAPI. After that, you can load your project and this will take a lot of time. But, at least ReadyAPI opens up first.

Deleting profile settings -
      1. Go to C:\Users\YourUsername.
      2. Delete default-soapui-workspace.xml.

I often see too many ready api projects that are too big and can't be broken down. If you break the project down into smaller projects, then you'll have to replicate common things in each project like getting access tokens, deleting test data etc. which is horrible. I wonder if the Smart Bear team has a solution for this sonya_m.