AAB
Regular Contributor
3 years ago
Accepted for Discussion

Re-insert the Assertion HTTP

in version 3.9.0 there is a smartAssertion created that deprecates the HTTP assertions. As all of my testcases (a huge

amount) have this assertion I'm not going to adapt them manually as this will take a huge effort to do so. No clue why Smartbear has deleted this assertion as I think quasi all of the testers are using this!?

Please, re-install the HTTP assertions!

3 Comments

TylerMills
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Status changed:
    New Idea
    to
    Accepted for Discussion

Hello! The assertions that are labeled deprecated still work! We are adding new functionality to Smart Assertions to replace these older assertions in a new, single powerful assertion. We have no plans to remove the existing assertions, however they will no longer receive new functionality.

AAB
    Regular Contributor

Hello TylerMills Thanks for the update. Indeed, I still can use them. Hopefully it still will work in the future! 😉 

Cheers!

• Status changed:
    Accepted for Discussion
    to
    Accepted for Discussion

Apologies for the confusion. the HTTP Assertion has not gone anywhere it is still usable. We have added a "Deprecated" flag to guide users to the Smart Assertion going forward. We will not remove any Assertions until most users have had a chance to move their assertions over.