Forum Discussion

johnmcdraper
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Stop making me change my password

The Case Manager pages require me to change my password regularly.   This is a real PITA.   Honestly, this is my problem ticket queue - not access to sensitive information, not my bank account or SB license or proprietary information.   Making me change the password every 6 months seems excessive....

• Hi John,

Thanks for clarifying this. I've talked with the team that developed this portal. There is a policy to change the password indeed. This was done for security reasons to give you the high guarantee that nobody can access your private support cases, but you.

I have let the team know about your complaints and created an internal record about this. They promised to take them into account in one of the future Support Portal improvements.

4 Replies

johnmcdraper
      Occasional Contributor

Yep - the link you posted is the one I'm addressing.   

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi John,

Thanks for clarifying this. I've talked with the team that developed this portal. There is a policy to change the password indeed. This was done for security reasons to give you the high guarantee that nobody can access your private support cases, but you.

I have let the team know about your complaints and created an internal record about this. They promised to take them into account in one of the future Support Portal improvements.