Forum Discussion

ChrisMac
Contributor
13 years ago

"Unable to create the 'Project' element..." error message

Hi All -

I'm running into an error message that I can't make go away. I created a project (test1), realized I made a mistake, renamed it test2, created a new test1, added what I needed to test 1 from test2 and then deleted test2. Now when I try to invoke the Project Suite that contains the test1 project I get the following error message (with a red "X"):

Unable to create the 'Project' element because the "C:\Users\..\..\test2.mds" file needed to create it does not exist.

I tried recreating the test2 project but still get the message. It doesn't seem to affect any tests, however, including, test1. Any solutions?

Chris

7 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    It sounds like the PJS file may be pointing to a directory that is not there...  For example, is the test2.MDS file in the same directory?
  • Hi Robert, I've gone through both folders, test1 and test2, and every file with an .mds extension has the correct file name, ie, there are no *2.mds files in the test1 folder and vice vesa. Perhaps the contents of one of the files in the test1 folder is referencing test2.

• Hello Chris,

Could you please record a video demonstrating actions that led to this issue? You can use Jing, which is a free recorder.

• Hi -

Never mind, I figured it out. TC created a 'ghost' project and named it 'Unavailable'. Running the cursor over revealed it had the name of the project that I though I had deleted and referenced an .mds file. One I deleted  the 'Unavailable' ghost project the message I was getting went away.

Chris
  • Hi Robert,

I m having same issue like when i switch from ProjectSuite_Sam_Training to ebs4TrainingV9 project.

i believe its because i have created project (ProjectSuite_Sam_training) under existing project (ebs5Trainingv9), if you think this is the reason then please let me know how we can resolve it without losing on projects.

if you think this is not because of the as mention above then please let me know what can be done.

Please find screenshot of error message and folders.

Waiting for your prompt reply.

Many Thanks,

Sam

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Sam,

As far as I can see, ProjectSuite_Sam_Training and ebs4TrainingV9 are completely different projects. The bs4TrainingV9 project folder contains the Sam_Training folder, but it contains only keyword test files. So, you can add only these files to the bs4TrainingV9 project.

• Hi Tanya,

It was like as i explained in my post that, i believe i have created new project under existing project. So first i saved new created project in new folder and then delete it from existing folder.

Its working fine now :)

many thanks,

sam