Forum Discussion

ckoeste1
2 months ago

Import to Zephyr Squad - Jira Cloud

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to import test cases from Excel into our Zephyr Squad version in Jira Cloud. However, I'm already failing to find the point where I can start the importer. I just can't seem to find anything about it. Unfortunately, the documentation for Zephyr Squad for Jira Cloud doesn't provide the right clues. There's a sentence there: "Open the project you want to import the test cases into, then click Tests > Ellipses > Import from File." (the sentence is exactly as it appears). I can't find an entry named "Tests" anywhere in our project. I've searched through everything, be it the "normal" Jira or the Zephyr Squad app in Jira.

Can anyone help me figure out how to get the point where I can import an Excel file (CSV)?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Chris

1 Reply

Humashankar
    Champion Level 0

Hi ckoeste1 

There are other way to import test cases from Excel into Zephyr Squad in Jira Cloud:

Ø  Go to your Jira project and navigate to the "Zephyr" app (not "Zephyr Squad").

Ø  Click on the "Tests" tab.

Ø  Click the three vertical dots (ellipses) in the top right corner of the "Tests" tab.

Ø  Select "Import Tests" from the dropdown menu.

Ø  Choose "CSV" as the file type and upload your Excel file.

Please note that you might need to configure the CSV file to match Zephyr's expected format before importing.

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
    Thank you very much and have a great one!

Warm regards