Forum Discussion

Cory
New Contributor
2 years ago

Test Execution Results by Subfolder

I am trying to generate a gadget on a Jira Dashboard to show the test execution results of a specific Test Cycle broken down by Subfolder. Is this possible?

5 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Yes that's possible.  In my example below I'm assuming you want to see results from the Test Case library but you could switch it for a Test Cycle library folder by choosing the folders within the Test Cycle filter.  So:

Add your gadget, e.g. the donut chart below.

Then...

1. Add your project name

2. Choose Custom Query

3. Under the Test Case filter, choose Folder

4. Start typing part of the name of your chosen folder (no need to add the "/")

5. Option to include all sub-folders underneath the chosen folder

Cory
      New Contributor

Is this approach capable of multiple folders? I've tried to add them as additional conditions and I get a blank result.

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

From my experience, each criteria you add uses an "AND" operator, and that would explain why you get blank results.  But, I've just made a quick check and you can add multiple folders if you choose the Folder filter type instead of the Custom Query filter type.  I didn't think of using that at first because in general, the Custom Query option can do a lot more.

Cory
      New Contributor

That's the catch, I do need some level of AND here.

Test Cycle = fake_test_cycle_name AND Subfolders A, B, C, D, E

Essentially, I need to be able to see the test status (pass, fail, blocked, not run, in progress) for the current test cycle broken down by the subfolders. If I just do the Folder filter type, it doesn't allow me to select the test cycle.

MisterB
        Champion Level 3

I should have noticed this earlier but you don't have to add additional conditions to include multiple folders.  You can add more than 1 folder location into the folder list as in the example below where I have added 4 folders.  You can do this whenever you see the IN operator.  So you should be able to produce the report you want, i.e. Test Cycle = fake_test_cycle_name AND Subfolders IN (A, B, C, D, E)