Forum Discussion

enschim
Visitor
9 months ago
Solved

Rename Test Case Number

Hello,

Is it possible to to change the Test Case Key or ID after it's already created? So for example, our Zephyr Scale projects are tied to our Jira projects. If someone updates their Jira project Key (or name), the test cases tied to that project do not change. Is it possible to change manually or when a Jira project key changes? Thanks!

• Hi,

It's not possible as far as I'm aware.  If you haven't executed any test cases (then you won't have any test execution history to be concerned about), you might be able to export the test cases, remove the ZS project, create a new ZS project (with the new project key now being picked up), then re-import the test cases that will have the new project key, but I haven't tried it before and am just making an educated guess.

1 Reply

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

It's not possible as far as I'm aware.  If you haven't executed any test cases (then you won't have any test execution history to be concerned about), you might be able to export the test cases, remove the ZS project, create a new ZS project (with the new project key now being picked up), then re-import the test cases that will have the new project key, but I haven't tried it before and am just making an educated guess.