Forum Discussion

Veronika03
Occasional Contributor
3 months ago
Solved

Loss Test Cycle Count Visibility in parent folder

I managed to view the count of test cycles in the parent folder for the test cycle. This allows us to have an overview in one page, showing who it's been assigned to and the progress made. However, I lost the count in the main folder, as shown in the picture below.

• It seems like things have changed and parent folders now show all test cases/cycles and the total number. 

10 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

It's an improvement they dropped yesterday.  You should have seen a notification in the bottom right-hand of your screen (the bell icon) and if you click that alert, all is explained.  It's an interesting one.  I find it useful on one hand but also miss the ability to see everything underneath the parent folder... am not sure how I feel about it yet.

Here's a link to the post from SmartBear: https://app.getbeamer.com/zephyrscale/en/changes-to-folder-tree-behavior-FrZQjK7Y

SlavaK
      Occasional Contributor

MisterB thank you for your explanation!

I think in user expirience this is a step back. 
      This may improve performance, but it would be better to swith on/off display counts in Zephyr configuration.

SlavaK
    Occasional Contributor

We have the same issue with Test case folders too since yesterday. How to notify SmartBear to fix it?

MisterB
      Champion Level 3

Here's a link to SmartBear support team for future reference.

SlavaK
        Occasional Contributor

Thank you for this link but I cannot log in with my email, registred in this community.

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Something that I implemented yesterday to help bring things back how I'm used to seeing them is to use the Filters feature.  By selecting which test cycles I want to see in the list, when I click on the All Test Cycles link I get to see the count I was looking for, and all test cycles that I would have previously seen in the parent test cycle folder.

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

It seems like things have changed and parent folders now show all test cases/cycles and the total number. 

SlavaK
      Occasional Contributor

Wow! Great!
      MisterB thanks for good news!