Forum Discussion

tkulangara
New Contributor
14 days ago

kanban boards

how can we pull scale tickets into a kanban board?

3 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

These should be obvious but I'll mention them anyway:

1. Create an Issue from within Scale, e.g. on the Test Step
    2. Make sure your Kanban board Filter picks up those issues, e.g. by Status

In the screen print you attached it highlighted Swimlanes.  Instead, go to the General tab and create or edit the filter to find the Scale issues you're creating.

tkulangara
    New Contributor

when i go to filter query, how do you sort the issue list to pull scale tickets? Mine doesnt show any scale tickets. wondering if there is a particaular field i need to filter on

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

It's difficult to tell from these few words we are typing what level of experience you have with Jira, so I'm just checking where we are.  When you say 'scale tickets', I assume you mean Jira Issues.  Issues sit outside of the Zephyr Scale framework, and since the Kanban board is in Jira, it will only show Issues: that could be Issues created in Jira or Issues created in Zephyr Scale.

Here's what my filter says:  "project = MyProject".  It shows all Jira Issues in my project.

As long as the Issues you're creating (whether in Jira or Zephyr Scale) are being created against your project (there is a project selection dropdown in the Create Issue screen!), they will appear in the Kanban board if your Filter is something like the one I've used above (which is by the way, a default filter - it's not one I created).

If that doesn't help please let me know what's not working for you.