Forum Discussion

Charriej
New Contributor
9 months ago
Solved

Is it possible to retrieve the step status of a testscript?

Heya,

I am wondering if it is possible to retrieve the test step status via the API. At this moment i could only see it's possible to retrieve the test script status. Could anyone help me with this?

• Here is the response from the Support team...

Thank you for reaching out to Zephyr Scale Cloud Support.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to retrieve the result of the test step from the test execution because at the moment Zephyr Scale doesn’t have a method that would allow you to retrieve this value from the database.

If you would like to suggest such an improvement, you can submit a Feature request to our Ideas Portal. Our Product team actively monitors this platform to assess customer needs and prioritize future updates and improvements.  Your feedback is crucial to us, and we greatly appreciate your suggestion.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

6 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

I'm not a big user of the API, but it does seem that you can't get at the step results using either GetTestExecution or GetTestExecutions in the Cloud version.  We don't always get a lot of response from the community about API questions so you might want to contact SmartBear support instead - they are normally quick to respond.

I'd be interested to hear what you find out 🙂

Charriej
      New Contributor

I don't know if it matters that we're hosting it our self? Anyways, thanks for the tip, I'll try SmartBear!

I'll try to get back here when i have an answer

Charriej
        New Contributor

Ah, i'm unable to register there for a request, because we're hosting the zephyr scale ourselves. Would you have any other idea's on where to check for help?

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Strange.  I don't see why hosting yourself would mean you can't use the support team.  I will raise the question with them and direct them to this post.

You could try messaging or tagging the other community leader here for help.  His name is josh42 and he has more experience using APIs.

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Here is the response from the Support team...

Thank you for reaching out to Zephyr Scale Cloud Support.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to retrieve the result of the test step from the test execution because at the moment Zephyr Scale doesn’t have a method that would allow you to retrieve this value from the database.

If you would like to suggest such an improvement, you can submit a Feature request to our Ideas Portal. Our Product team actively monitors this platform to assess customer needs and prioritize future updates and improvements.  Your feedback is crucial to us, and we greatly appreciate your suggestion.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Charriej
    New Contributor

Thank you for all the trouble MisterB! Too bad it can't be done at this moment