Forum Discussion

anik_cadieux
Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

When running a project from TestExecute, does the ProjectSuite exists ?

I have a project suite containing 4 projects.

I created ProjectSuite.Variable "dbExecutionParams" as a DB Table (plugged to an Excel file).

When I run my tests from TestExecute and I choose to execute one of the 4 projects, does the ProjectSuite variable exists or do I have to define a Project.Variable for each project ?

Thanks

Anik

• Hi Anik,

a project suite variable is available in any project that belongs to the suite while project variables are available only within the project to which they belong. If a project changes a project suite variable, the projects that run after it in the suite will use the changed value. From this point of view project suite variables are very useful for exchanging data between projects.

2 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Anik,

a project suite variable is available in any project that belongs to the suite while project variables are available only within the project to which they belong. If a project changes a project suite variable, the projects that run after it in the suite will use the changed value. From this point of view project suite variables are very useful for exchanging data between projects.