Forum Discussion

Mike359
Occasional Contributor
12 months ago
Solved

Upgraded the Edge Browser to 113.0.1774.35 - Get Runtime Error loading webpage

Hi I am using TC15 v50

After the Edge Browser upgraded to v113, I can no longer run my tests!

ie. Browsers.Item(btEdge).Run(LoginURL);

I have tried adding RunOptions = "--do-not-de-elevate"; (as I saw in similar issue - but this did not work either)

Any Suggestions welcome [Note: This is Edge NOT Chrome]

• Hi, This morning I upgraded Edge to version 113.0.1774.42 and all now working

7 Replies

• Latest update on the Chrome issue - 

Chrome has released an update to their version 113 that stabilizes the TestComplete web testing experience. The TestComplete team has been swarming since discovery of this issue. Although the Chrome update resolved the issues being seen, we will still be releasing a new version of TestComplete this week to ensure this will not cause issues in future versions of Chrome. Additionally, the impact to Edge has been identified and we anticipate an update early next week. It's likely that Microsoft will also roll back their changes, in which case TestComplete will continue to work as expected without any changes. 

joe_brooks
      Contributor

Apologies - I posted this on the wrong thread and cannot delete it. I will repost on the correct thread.

Hi Prashant,

I have a few comments and questions regarding your last post.

prashantmohan wrote:

Latest update on the Chrome issue - 

Chrome has released an update to their version 113 that stabilizes the TestComplete web testing experience. 

It has been our experience that while the last update to Chrome did fix the issue where TestComplete could not find the Chrome browser, multiple other issues still exist. People are still experiencing issues using TestComplete and Chrome 113 together. We have had to roll back TestComplete to version 15.50 and Chrome to version 112. This combination works with few or no issues. We are still waiting for updates to both TestComplete and Chrome that will resolve these issues. All is not resolved by the latest Chrome update.

prashantmohan wrote:

Although the Chrome update resolved the issues being seen, we will still be releasing a new version of TestComplete this week to ensure this will not cause issues in future versions of Chrome. 

Your post was on May 10th, so "this week" ended on Friday, May 12th, which has come and gone. Is there a new ETA on when we might see the new version of TestComplete that is supposed to address the outstanding Chrome issues?

prashantmohan wrote:

Additionally, the impact to Edge has been identified and we anticipate an update early next week. 

We would appreciate a current ETA for this update being released, as well.

Thanks,

Joe Brooks

• Our account manager says the latest Google Chrome update has resolved the issue but Microsoft has not fixed the issue in Edge, and so a patch to will be released today sometime.  This does not solve the problem but works around it to allow TestComplete to function correctly in 113 Edge.

Mike359
    Occasional Contributor

Hi, This morning I upgraded Edge to version 113.0.1774.42 and all now working

Mike359
    Occasional Contributor

Thank you - It looks like the same issue but it also impacts the Edge Version 113 as well (I had thought of switching to chrome - but it I also have V113 of Chrome ğŸ˜£. But thank you 

I have raised an issue - but I suspect they will tell me it is a known issue (from looking at your note).