Forum Discussion

Lagencie
Frequent Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Uncheck Warning for default values in parameters

Is it possible to uncheck this warning somehow? so it automatically uses the given default values?

• The key is that they are marked as required parameters (optional check box is not checked).  If you check the "Optional" checkbox on the parameters, you won't get that dialog... of course, it means that you'll need to make sure that you properly apply the parameters when you call the test case, but that should be a standard practice anyways.

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

The key is that they are marked as required parameters (optional check box is not checked).  If you check the "Optional" checkbox on the parameters, you won't get that dialog... of course, it means that you'll need to make sure that you properly apply the parameters when you call the test case, but that should be a standard practice anyways.

Lagencie
      Frequent Contributor

Hmm,

well, not right what I want, but I can work around

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

That's what that warning is intended for.... to let you know that you're running the test stand alone with non-optional parameters and informing you that the values in those parameters will be used.  At the moment, there's no way of turning off that dialog... and as a developer, I wouldn't want it anyways.  99% of the time, the keyword tests that I run with the parameters are called from other code so I never see that dialog in a regular test run, I only get it while developing.  And it has saved me a couple of times, actually, when I wanted to run a test but the default values were not the values that I wanted to use.