Forum Discussion

ashok-kumar_siv
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago

Unable to select Syncfusion Submenu

Hi,

We have recently bought TestComplete 10, we are in the process of automate Syncfusion 4.2 with .Net

I would like to know how to select Submenu value... i can able to select main menu value using below code

MainForm.mMenuPanel.mXPToolBar.ClickItem("&File")

However, When i try to record the scenario, the submenus are capturing in seperate object... here i don't know how to select specific menu...

SubMenu Objects.....

Aliases.AppX.MenuGridHost.MenuGrid.

7 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Ashok,

If you separate menu items by | , will it work? For example:

MainForm.mMenuPanel.mXPToolBar.ClickItem("Item1|Item11|Item112")

If this doesn't help, I suggest that you refer to the "Supported Syncfusion Controls" article, find your menu control and learn the way you can use.

ashok-kumar_siv
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi, Thanks for your response... I have tried 1st method is not working....  on 2nd method i tried with all kind of Syncfusion control (Object Mapping) no luck...

My self writen custom method to select menu based on coordinates and postion..

Thanks...
    TanyaYatskovska
    Ashok,

If you decide to find an alternative solution (as using coordinates isn't very reliable), we can analyze what is going wrong in detail.

the submenus are capturing in separate object

Could you please describe what objects are recognized by TestComplete? Does TestComplete identify the submenu as a different window? In this case, please identify its class name via TestComplete's Object Spy.

ashok-kumar_siv
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

Yes, Test Complete identifying submeu as separate window and the class name is below

Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.MenuGrid

Kindly let me know if any possible to click menu using this control...

TanyaYatskovska
    Hi Ashok,

You can try using the Object Mapping feature to make TestComplete treat your control as the supported one.

Another idea is to add the control's class name under the MSAA or UI Automation branch to try using these technologies for the object recognition.