Forum Discussion

Ravik
Super Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Unable to open project in TestComplete 8

Hi All,

I have automate a project in TestComplete 8, it's a huge project. Today I have open this project in TestComplete 9.3 trial version and only run a module in it.  now I want to Open same project into TestComplete 8, It's showing me a alert message "Can not Open ----.Pjs file becouse it was created by newer version of TestComplete " but complete project I have automate on TestComplete 8. How I can solve, Please help.
  • Hi Ravi,

When you open the project (created in older version) in latest version of TC.

TC ask you , for project updation.

It seems you have clicked "YES" and the project is updated to TC 9.3

Ravi , TC does not support backword compatibility as the project structure is different(updated in the latest versions).

Please visit the links below:

http://smartbear.com/forums/f81/t70352/does-testcomplete-supports-backward-compatibili

I think , you should have backuped up your project before opening the project in TC 9.3.

I would recommend you ask support team for any workaround or something.

I hope this has been of some help.

4 Replies

vajindarladdad
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi Ravi,

When you open the project (created in older version) in latest version of TC.

TC ask you , for project updation.

It seems you have clicked "YES" and the project is updated to TC 9.3

Ravi , TC does not support backword compatibility as the project structure is different(updated in the latest versions).

Please visit the links below:

http://smartbear.com/forums/f81/t70352/does-testcomplete-supports-backward-compatibili

I think , you should have backuped up your project before opening the project in TC 9.3.

I would recommend you ask support team for any workaround or something.

I hope this has been of some help.

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Ravi,

As Vajindar said, it's impossible to open the project converted to the TestComplete 9 format in TestComplete 8.

If you use any SCC system, you can restore therwise, you can try restoring the project by using the Windows feature.

Ravik
    Super Contributor
    Thanks Vijendar,

Yes ! We have backup and we used it, but it's lost my one day effert. (I get 1 day back script in my backup).

I thing TestComplete should provide any alternative way for Backword compatibility.