Forum Discussion

exdunepilot
Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Unable to Get Context (Popup) Menu Objects

I am having an unusually difficult time trying to get the objects within a popup window.  Object Spy shows but as soon as I try to navigate in the Object Browser, the popup goes away as does info in the Object Browser.  I've also tried using aqObject.saveObject SnapshotToFile() but unable to get child objects of the popup panel.  The AUT is JavaFX. 

My goal is to get the objects within the panel NameMapped.  Any suggestions?

exdunepilot
    8 years ago

NameMapping did not work during runtime.  Using FindChild() has solved the situation.   Typical Monday!  Thanks for your input Marsha.

6 Replies

exdunepilot
      Contributor

Thanks Marsha.  Yeah, I use Object Spy in that way all day long.  Very useful.  :)

My problem is once captured in Object Spy, clicking over to Object Browser the popup/context structure either never appears or disappears so fast I cannot navigate it to capture & NameMap the children.  aqObject.saveObjectSnapshotToFile () does not help (and in fact, likes to crash/freeze 12.1).

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

Could you map that one object first?  Then maybe you could go to Name Mapping and use Map Child Objects to get the rest.