Forum Discussion

olbars
New Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Tests of Windows Store apps failing due to the "Object does not exist" error in TC Desktop

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to create tests for certain Windows Store applications but I've been having issues running these tests - they're all failing due to the "The object does not exist" error.

I've noticed it does not matter what WS / Metro app I'm running (e.g. the same error occurs when I'm selecting MSN News, Weather, or any other Windows Store app).

TestComplete's Additional Info shows this:

An error occurred while accessing the "Keys" method or property of the "Weather" object.
The object or one of its parent objects was not found.

Object Whose Method or Property Was Accessed
Alias: Aliases.Item.wndWeather.Weather
Name mapping item: NameMapping.Sys.Item.wndWeather.Weather

Object That Was Not Found
Alias: Aliases.Item
Name mapping item: NameMapping.Sys.Item

Click the link above to view and configure mapping settings for the missing object.

Attempts to fix the error with Object Spy / Point and fix don't work - TestComplete highlights the selected fields and Object Spy displays the object’s properties but TC still fails to detect the object once the test is run.

Am I missing something? Recording tests seems to be working as expected, and tests' descriptions show correct steps...

• I think I've figured it out - it appears that remapping every object fixes the issue. Not sure why it is so (it makes recording pretty much useless) but it seems to be working.

1 Reply

olbars
    New Contributor

I think I've figured it out - it appears that remapping every object fixes the issue. Not sure why it is so (it makes recording pretty much useless) but it seems to be working.