Forum Discussion

leeasdf9
Frequent Contributor
12 years ago
Solved

TestComplete Support for Luciad applications?

Our Graphical Visualization tool is based on Luciad technologie, testcomplete recognizes "com.luciad.lucy.map" as a single one object. 

Is there anyway to find and click map items within luciad map? does somebody use testcomplete to automate such graphical tool? thanks. 
  • Hi Lee,

You're right that the objects in a Luciad map are not Swing objects anymore, so the standard Swing support of TestComplete only gets you as far as the map.

I've taken a look at TestComplete's reference documentation though, and it seems you can call Java classes and methods from a TestComplete script : http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/30680/.

I think you should be able to integrate TestComplete's testing with the objects in a Luciad map by using this bridge.

Kind regards,

Willem Verstraeten,

Luciad N.V.

3 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Lee,

Is there somebody who tries using TestComplete with Luciad? Maybe, you can use the MSAA or UI Automation technologies for this. We didn't try it in TestComplete.

• Hi Lee,

You're right that the objects in a Luciad map are not Swing objects anymore, so the standard Swing support of TestComplete only gets you as far as the map.

I've taken a look at TestComplete's reference documentation though, and it seems you can call Java classes and methods from a TestComplete script : http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/30680/.

I think you should be able to integrate TestComplete's testing with the objects in a Luciad map by using this bridge.

Kind regards,

Willem Verstraeten,

Luciad N.V.

leeasdf9
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi Tanya, i am first one and only one at moment who wants to automate such graphical tool with tc. i think such graphical tool like luciad,geomedia or google map do not contain regular object items but drawn pictures inside of map, which are not possible to map to standard objects. I tried with MSAA, it does not work for such graphical tool. i will check out MS UI automation.

If there is any TestComplete support for graphical visualization toolkit, please let me know.

Thanks,Tanya.

Lee