Forum Discussion

mrouse
Contributor
13 years ago

TestComplete and Subversion

Hi everyone,

I am hoping someone has had a similar issue with TestComplete configuration files and Subversion.  I am having a hard time with the test complete config files like the TCCFGEXTENDER file and the way Subversion handles the changes.  I am on a team with 3 other programmers and thus we each have a TestComplete License.  As we create and change our scripts along with the generated  TC logs the TC configuration files change as well, and so Subversion wants me to resolve the conflicts in these configuration files.  The problem is that the TC configuration files are very cryptic and I don't know what or how to make changes to these files.

Any thoughts would be of great help.

Thanks,

Mike  

19 Replies

s_stirley
    New Contributor

Hi,

I'm having similar issues here. Attached is the message I receive.

Essentially it seems that when I try to add the project to source control it doesn't like it when the path doesn't exists in the repository. I tried creating some paths manually, but I still get the same errors.

s_stirley
    New Contributor
    FYI the latest version of AgentSVN (v2.0) now seems to be working with TestComplete

• Simon, thank you for information.

Jussi, is the error posted by Simon the one you got? Did you face the same error when tried to work with VSS?

ray_mosley
    Frequent Contributor
    Simon reported that he was successfully using the AgentSVN 2.0 version and TestComplete.  Have you or Jussi any new issues?

We are still having issues using native TortoiseSVN as our source control repository.  It would really be nice for Agent SVN 2.0 to work.

Simon, would you recommend using it?  Our test environment is 3 test developers, and we have had numerous issues with conflicted files and missing object mapping files.

s_stirley
    New Contributor

After posting that we found issues with the feedback from check-out actions with SVNAgent, such that the successful check-out wasn't reported correctly (even though it was locked in the repository) and TestComplete would ask to check it out again.

We are now evaluating PushOK for SVN, which seems to be working much better.

jorgesimoes1983
    Regular Contributor
    Anybody with Subversion successful setups?

Do you use Smartbear SVN or third party tools?

Please share your experiences :)

Thank you!
    ray_mosley
    Frequent Contributor
    As one of the original generators of this thread, I have to admit that we gave up, removed the automatic connection that was SUPPOSED to be there, and we use SVN manually. We did not receive any communication after Jussi documented the MSCCI error.
    jorgesimoes1983
    Regular Contributor
    Thank you Harlan!

We tried everything, and couldn't make it work...

Let's hope it's solved in the next Testcomplete versions...