Forum Discussion

joe_mcpeek
New Contributor
12 years ago
Solved

TC install on new computer not recognizing Firefox 19 (with patch)

I installed TestComplete to a new computer, installed Firefox19, dropped the 19 patch in Extensions, but I'm still getting the message "According to the specified parameters, the required browser is: Mozilla Firefox (x86) This browser was not found on the current computer, or it is not supported".

Any ideas?

5 Replies

joe_mcpeek
    New Contributor
    As little sense as it makes, that actually fixed the problem. Going back to FF16, a simple run browser, navigate to test worked successfully. The automatic update ran immediately and upgraded to 19 when FF restarted. When I ran the test again, it recognized FF and all is well.

Thanks for the help
    redbai
    New Contributor
    I tried the solution of reinstalling 16.0.2 and I still cannot get the device to open firefox.  Is there some other solution or does anyone know why it doesn't work in the first place with Firefox 19?

• Maybe you don't have the file tcFF16Hook.dll in <TestComplete 9>\Bin\Extensions...?

I'm using FF12 and it's working fine. I upgraded to FF20 (and 19, 18...), copy the patch and so on, and it didn't recognize FF, again the same problem, so I have to use FF12.