Forum Discussion

zunaira
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

Systems.Windows.Control.Canvas object of DevExpress is not getting by TestComplete

Dear Memebers,

I need to know about the limitations of testComplete in getting complete object hierarchy of a desktop based application made using DevExpress.

As recanctly i got through a screen , where i want to pick an objecet enclosed in a Systems.Windows.Canvas object and i was unable to get that object using TestComplete but i was able to get that object using Snoop tool (A tool used to get DevExpress objects).

so am I missing somthing or is this the limitation of TestComplete.???

Please Find Attachment: one window and a light red ractangle is highlightening that object but testComplete object Spy is not picking up that same object..

2 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Zunaira,

As far as I see, you are running your app on a VM. Do you have TestComplete install on that VM? One of the requirement is that TestComplete and a tested application should be installed and used on the same computer.

If you have TestComplete installed on the computer that hosts your VM, and you try to obtain objects over the VM’s window, Windows doesn’t allow doing this. Windows simply draws objects on this window. Thus, TestComplete doesn’t “see” them.

zunaira
      Occasional Contributor

Dear tanya

I am working on a project devloped using devExpress and WPF and yeah we are working on VM but i have no problem getting any object through testcomplete except this Canves object. infact i have automated almost half of applciation using testcomplete through VM.