Forum Discussion

VFixed
Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Shift F5 is not stopping the test run

TC 11.20.1491.7

FF 43.0

I am using the default keyboard scheme. When I run a test, Shift F5 does not stop the test.

What do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks.

djadhav
    9 years ago

One of the easier ways I have found to quit running the test is by closing the browser. That stops TC from continuing whatever it was doing and stop the test.

3 Replies

Ravik
    Super Contributor

Hi,

Try SHIFT + F2  it is also used for stop test.

One more thing - Check "Customize Keyboard" (Tool - Customize Keyboard -Test Engine)

Here may assigned any other key for STOP Run. (Here we can also mapped our won key for perticular task)

This may help you.

dmiscannon
    Frequent Contributor

I have experienced this when TC is searching for an object that has the Extended Find box check in Name Mapping. What I believe is happening is TC is searching for the object and the Stop command is not read until after TC completes its search. I have opened Task Manager when this occurs and the amount of memory allocated to my web browser as well as TC continues to increase during the search. At times I get impatient and then kill TC through Task Manager. But I have also waited until the search completes (it has taken up to 10 minutes) and then TC comes back and reports that it could not find the object. If I correctly map the object, then this situation is corrected (TC find the object in an acceptable amount of time.) I suggest you open Task Manager and see if the memory allocation for TC is increasing when this situation occurs. Kill TC and then delete and remap you object.

If you search this board, you will find many entries related to TC freezing. I suspect many of them are related to what yo uare experiencing.

djadhav
      Regular Contributor

One of the easier ways I have found to quit running the test is by closing the browser. That stops TC from continuing whatever it was doing and stop the test.