Forum Discussion

murugans1011
Regular Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Script Stop and Continue

I ll Use Runner.Stop method to stop script execution for certain errors which(application cannot proceed further.it should be closed and restarted).i ll use "onstoptest" event to restart the application.my problem is when appllication restarted how to continue the script execution(next line of the error occured script line)from next script line?-(similar to disabled stop on error option)
  • There is no way to do this.

In general, you are using incorrect approach to restart your application. If you want to restart the application in some specific places, you need to write a function which will terminate and restart the application and then continue execution.

If you need to restart the application manually, then you can use BuiltIn.ShowMessage method, which will pause the execution until your click OK.

2 Replies

karkadil
    Valued Contributor
    There is no way to do this.

In general, you are using incorrect approach to restart your application. If you want to restart the application in some specific places, you need to write a function which will terminate and restart the application and then continue execution.

If you need to restart the application manually, then you can use BuiltIn.ShowMessage method, which will pause the execution until your click OK.
    murugans1011
    Regular Contributor
    Thanks Gena Alpaev. i wrote separate function to restart the application nd i called On error resume next property to continue to next line....It wrks fine