Forum Discussion

mes6073
Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

Run a ProjectSuite with distributed tests from TestExecute?

I suspect the quickest way to answer this question is to try and see what happens but I am curious if once a ProjectSuite that includes distributed tests is finished, when called from the command line or scheduled task, can TestExecute be used as the 'Master' in lieu of running from the TestComplete IDE?

• Hi,

You can execute early-prepared tests in TestExecute. However, you will never be able to modify it there.

2 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

You can execute early-prepared tests in TestExecute. However, you will never be able to modify it there.

mes6073
      Contributor

Tanya,

Thanks for the reply. I should have provided a bit more detail as this question was primarily intended to help us achieve maximum utilization of floating licenses as we have twice as many TestExecute licesnes as TestComplete. So if I understand correctly, TestExecute is quite capable of running an entire ProjectSuite to include distributed test architecture, but in this scenario, we obviously could not use TestExecute to edit the anything since it does not provie any kind of IDE like what we use with TestComplete.