Forum Discussion

paliaga
New Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Not closing the TestExecute 11 process after execution is finished

After an execution is finished I see that process TestExecute 11 remaining in the Task Manager. This prevents from executing a new test unless I kill the process. This is a big problem as I have the test runs scheduled to run every night several tests and right now only runs the first one.

Note that TestExecute is running in a Virtual Machine with Windows 7 Enterprise.

Does anyone detected the same thing? Does anyone knows how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

• Gotcha... OK.. so... next one...  you're /p parameter... try removing the quotation marks from there.  You should just need the project name... it doesn't need to be quote delimited.  At this point, I'm kind of just guessing but, based upon the help files, the project name doesn't need any special delimiters.

6 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

What is the command line that you are using for executing your test?  Examine it and check to see if you have the "/exit" or "/e" switch on the command line.  That switch will have TestExecute exit after it completes a test run.  Without the switch, the behavior you are experiencing is what I'd expect.

See https://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/67464/

paliaga
      New Contributor

First of all, thanks for your fast replay!

Second, it does have the /exit. The way I'm calling it is:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 11\Bin\TestExecute.exe" "C:\Automation\UI\BLR\BLR_4.4.X.X\BLR.pjs" /r /p:"BLR" /t:"KeywordTests^|Generic_Launcher" /exit /silentmode /DoNotShowLog

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Ok... that's good...

The next thing that I would check for is whether or not the parameters you've specified to indicate project and test item are legit. I've run into the problem you're experiencing if I attempt to run TestExecute at a command line but some part of the commands to run a particular project or test item reference an item that is not present.

Looking at your command line, my suspicion is the following:

/t:"KeywordTests^|Generic_Launcher"

According to the user guides, you don't need the carat (^) on that line if you're running a keyword test.  You should simply have

/t:"KeywordTests|Generic_Launcher"

See if that helps.

paliaga
      New Contributor

Sorry (copy and paste error)!!! The caret sign (^) is there in order to scape the pipe sign (|) in the batch file I use to execute.

I tried executing from command line without the caret (not using the batch file) and the problem persists.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Gotcha... OK.. so... next one...  you're /p parameter... try removing the quotation marks from there.  You should just need the project name... it doesn't need to be quote delimited.  At this point, I'm kind of just guessing but, based upon the help files, the project name doesn't need any special delimiters.