Forum Discussion

svaze74
Contributor
12 years ago

namemapping items recorded on windows 7 are not recognized on Windows XP x64

Hi All,

My Namemapping items recorded on windows 7 are not recognized on Windows XP x64 SP2, Has anyone any idea about it?

Thanks,
Shrirang Vaze

19 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Chethan,

Could you please try using the latest TestComplete version - v. 9.30?

MindyS
    New Contributor
    I'm having this issue as well. I'm on the latest version (9.31.3889.7). I'm working on a Win7 64 bit machine.

I'm trying to map a custom object to a Win32 type, but WndClass only shows WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.2e0c681.  
    TanyaYatskovska

Hi Mindy,

What are the values of the ClrFullClassName and Name properties?

• Hi Tanya, I have the exact same problem, although I am currently using TC 8.70.727.7

My Method Invoke Timeout is set to 300000, and when I run the spy on the order.exe, i am getting: 

FullName: Sys.Process("Orders").Window("WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.33c0d9d", "Orders - Untitled", 1).Window("WindowsForms10.SysListView32.app.0.33c0d9d", "", 1)

Name: Window("WindowsForms10.SysListView32.app.0.33c0d9d", "", 1)

If this is caused by a specific .NET update, do you guys know which update it is?
    TanyaYatskovska

Hi James,

As far as I can see from the TestComplete 8 help system, this product version supports only .NET Framework 4.0. Most probably, the Framework updates install some modules from v.4.5. Please refer to this Microsoft article to learn IDs of updates.

• Hi all,

Solution to this problem is very simple.

Just go to   Testcomplete >> tools>> current project properties>> open aplication >> process filter and just select : use all processes,

Thats It, Now spy your objects and they will be recognized peoperly.

Problem was not with test complete version or method invoke timeout but it was lying beneath your process filter properties.

I hope you understood It Tanya, :)
      rfkbaboon
      Occasional Contributor

Hi 

I have a similar problem but solution that I should use all processes, doesn't help me.

I move my application and TestComplete from Windows 7 to Windows server 2016 and now TestComplete doesn't 'see' anything in application. When I try record script I've got an empty procedure.

for example one of the object in my application in object spy 

before:

NameMapping.Sys.Process('NMultiLoader').WinFormsObject('MainForm').WinFormsObject('mainRibbon')

now:

Sys.Process('NMultiLoader').Window('WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.aec740_r9_ad1', 'ver. 2018.1 [LSI]', 1).Window('WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.aec740_r9_ad1', '', 2) 

Hakimuddin
    New Contributor

Is this issue resolved ?

I am facing the same problem, the day before yesterday everything was working fine. Suddenly class name of objects append with WindowsForm10.Windows.8.app.

And in my case there are no changes in OS as well as in application.

My application is .Net based application.