Forum Discussion

gdave
Regular Contributor
8 months ago
Solved

Missing File

Hi all

I had this unusual issue recently. Few of my keyword test are now unavailable and I am not sure what the issues is. I could see .tcKDTest files for those test however TestComplete says it is unavailable. Can someone please advise what can I do to sort this out ?

*Please refer to the screenshot for the issue

• And again, make sure your entire project is backed up!

The .pjs or .mds files have references to how you project is structured. You need to update the path references so that it points to the correct file (search for your old filename e.g. Test3_3016.tcKDTest in the text file).

Once you have updated these references, open the project in TestComplete, and hopefully you should see everything back to normal

4 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

First thing, make sure your entire project is backed up, or use source control software.

It looks like the file names have been renamed i.e. Test3_3016.tcKDTest is now Test3_3016_RegularBuy_ReducedFees.tcKDTest, but the Project files hasn't been updated. Open the .pjs or .mds in a text editor such as Notepad and update the path references.

gdave
      Regular Contributor

Hi

I am new to this thing. Can you provide an example ?

How do I identify those relevant files in .pjs or .mds folder ?

Thanks

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

And again, make sure your entire project is backed up!

The .pjs or .mds files have references to how you project is structured. You need to update the path references so that it points to the correct file (search for your old filename e.g. Test3_3016.tcKDTest in the text file).

Once you have updated these references, open the project in TestComplete, and hopefully you should see everything back to normal

gdave
      Regular Contributor

Hi

Thank you so much for the guidance. Much appreciated.

In my case, the set up was bit different though. There was this 'keyword test' folder which had KeywordTests.tcKDT file, I had to update the path references in that file instead of .pjs or .mds. It took me bit of digging around but eventually I sorted it. Happy days!

Thanks