Forum Discussion

ericzimmerman
Occasional Contributor
7 months ago
Solved

Matlab AppDesigner CEF-based application integration

We have been working on trying to get a Matlab AppDesigner-based application working with TestComplete Object Spy.

Background

Upon researching TestComplete CEF-related errors, we built a simple Electron application and verified proper functionality with Object Spy when passing the '-cdpAutoSetPort' command-line parameter.

For Matlab AppDesigner, this did not work and results in an error when launching. However, we found if we set environmental variable 'MW_CEF_STARTUP_OPTIONS' to '--disable-gpu --remote-debug-mode --remote-debugging-port=9222', we're able to get to the DevTools via web browser.

Problem:

It appears like we've successfully enabled the CDP for our application, but ObjectSpy still cannot access the controls.

How does TestComplete know which port we've enabled the tools on? ... is there a way to specify without the 'cdpAutoSetPort' command-line parameter?

Does the process tree attached give you any clues as to what is missing?

ericzimmerman
    6 months ago

I heard back from SmartBear Customer care today.

The key was to make sure you have checked "*" from MSAA options

• Goto Tools > "Current Project Properties"
    • Select "Open Applications" > "MSAA"
    • Add a checkmark the the "*" entry at the top, which is unchecked by default

16 Replies

ericzimmerman
      Occasional Contributor

Isn't CEF-based all lumped into the same support?

...and I don't see anything in that list specific to Electron or CEF, but Electron is supported.

The question was more on how TestComplete knows which port the DevTools are running on...

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Did you follow the instructions in the TestComplete message? It explains what to do to proceed.

ericzimmerman
      Occasional Contributor

Yes, I've been actively working on a support ticket and simply posting screenshots and tasks of things they are asking me to do. The last post was what we first received prior to any command-line or environmental variable changes.

ericzimmerman
        Occasional Contributor

I heard back from SmartBear Customer care today.

The key was to make sure you have checked "*" from MSAA options

• Goto Tools > "Current Project Properties"
        • Select "Open Applications" > "MSAA"
        • Add a checkmark the the "*" entry at the top, which is unchecked by default