Forum Discussion

paul_warner
New Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

Just Updated to TC 10.40 -- Can No Longer Open Manual Tests

Is this a known issue? When I launch my suite, I'm warned "Cannot load data for Manual Tests. Make sure the appropriate plug-in is installed" and some manual tests I had archived earlier won't open. The tooltip for the now unavailable Manual tests reads "The project node is not available. The factory is not installed." I tried to check for plug-ins, but I can't find anything about adding or re-enabling manual testing. I looked for tcManualTest.pls and tcManualTestEditor.pls in  C:\TestComplete\Bin, but those files are not there.

Has anyone been running into this same issue or have any suggestions? 
  • I received a reply to the issue I raised with Tech Support. They confirmed that "Manual Tests" have discontinued support.

They supplied me with URL's to download the "Manual Testing" extension for 10.40 TestComplete and 10.40 TestExecute. I have tried them and they appear to work from initial use, though their use is unsupported.

I think Smartbear are protecting access to the downloads so I will not post the URL's in the forum. Interested parties can raise a Tech Support ticket to get the files.

Cheers,

Chris

19 Replies