Forum Discussion

nileshdhone
Occasional Visitor
15 days ago

JScript Runtime Error "Object doesn't support this property or method"

I have installed Windows 2025 standard edition, After executing the project I am getting JScript error "Object doesn't support this property or method". This error is not occurred with Windows 2022. Not sure its with OS compatibility issue or not. I am using the Latest version of Test Complete i.e.15.63.

driver script is trying to get the project path which is shared to everyone and when we are trying to put in Global variable we are getting the error. 

2 Replies

Humashankar
    Champion Level 0

Hi nileshdhone 

The error note - Object doesn't support… in JScript in general shows you are trying to use a property or method on an object that doesn't actually have it.

This may happen for a few reasons, and while it might seem like an OS compatibility issue at the same times it's more likely related to your code

Ø  Identify the specific object you are trying to access the property or method on. You can use the typeof operator to determine its type (example -  typeof myObject).

Ø  Once you know the type, verify the available properties and methods for that object type.

Ø  Instead of storing the project path in a global variable, consider using a TestComplete built-in function like Project.Path to access the project directory. This avoids possible issues with the specific object you are using

Ø  I believe there could be minor differences between TestComplete in Windows 2022 and 2025, we need to refer the doc for more updates

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
    Thank you very much and have a great one!
    Warm regards