Forum Discussion

sguda
Regular Contributor
14 years ago

How to get the execution time for loading the report in Load testing.

I am creating a load test which will login into the system and view the report.

I want to insert the logic to capture the execution time it took to load the pdf report in http load test like i did in keyword test using timer object.

Please tell me if that is posiible to do in Load test, B'se i don't see any steps to include the logic here. so let me know how i can acheive this.

In keyword testing for another script i created a script routine to capture the execution time to run in between the keyword steps.

How can i do this in load testing

Please suggest.

12 Replies

sguda
    Regular Contributor
    Hi Alex,

I observed something.

First of all the requests under connections are not placed in the order how i recorded the test as i was thinking.I did that same test manually and i got the time of execution for displaying the blank page report around 42 seconds and to render the data on the report around 9 sec's.

in my scenari it displays blank page first and then the page with data on report.

So i was looking at connections and saw that the connection previous to one that has report viewer request was showing the time of 42. ..... sec's. So i went back to that connections and saw the request it is giving the max response time  for under that connection and saw that it is the page with all the parameters i pass before i click on export or view report button.So i am assuming that this is request of page i clicked on view report button and is taking 42..... sec's which is closer to open blank page of report manually.

The folowing connection request for report viewer shows 9.... sec's which is closer to show data on the balnk report manually.

So this is what i am guessing to capture the time it took to display blank report page and with data on the report

Do you think what i am doing is right. Please let me know.

Thank you.
  • Hi Sri,

Most probably, the difference is caused by an ActiveX object which displays the report in your browser. TestComplete is not a web browser, and it does not execute client side scripts. As a result, the object is not created, and the time of the load test is less than the time of manual operations.