Forum Discussion

krkarthik_info
Frequent Contributor
8 years ago

How to capture the image of an Infragistics Dockmanager contentpane control?

Hi,

I have an Infragistics Dockmanager Contentpane control in my desktop application, which is docked and needs to scroll down to see the complete content on the control.

Can anyone suggest me a solution to capture the whole content of the control as an image and store into the local drive for verification?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Karthik K R

3 Replies

• I've never worked with this kind of control, but have you tried storing the object for comparing it later?

To do that, press Control + Alt + O, right the control on the Object Browser and then click "Store Object". If the information of this kind of control is available through the explorer, you can save it and then compare it later during the test execution.

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Karthik,

TestComplete can capture scrolling window screenshots only for web pages, but not for desktop applications. You will need to use a third-party tool, or implement your own image capture algorithm. This post offers some ideas on how to create full screenshots of scrollable windows. Hope this helps.

krkarthik_info
    Frequent Contributor

Thanks altemann and HKosova  for your responses.

Fortunately my application allowed me to capture the content pane as image. I used this option to capture and stored in the local drive for verification :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Karthik K R