Forum Discussion

emily_m
New Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

How to activate indicator

Hello,

I have a couple of projects that do not show indicator by default while others show it.

By using Indicator.Show(), I can make it to show the indicator during the run. However, it seems to be off by default.

How can I set them to show always?

• I can't find any specific documentation or indication of setting that would turn off the indicator on a project wide basis.  

Something I'd look at is to see if, for those projects that don't show it, do they have an "On Start Test" event handler or "OnStart Test Case" event handler defined.  It's possible that the indicator may be getting turned off early in the project.

4 Replies

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

I can't find any specific documentation or indication of setting that would turn off the indicator on a project wide basis.  

Something I'd look at is to see if, for those projects that don't show it, do they have an "On Start Test" event handler or "OnStart Test Case" event handler defined.  It's possible that the indicator may be getting turned off early in the project.

emily_m
        New Contributor

Thanks for the reply. As you said, I found there was OnStartTest handler that does it in Events > General Events > Test Engine Events.

emily_m
      New Contributor

Indicator.Show only seems to work on a test case level. But thanks for reply. I found out there is onStartTest handler that simply hides the indicator.