Forum Discussion

leeasdf9
Frequent Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Help needed for Multiple Tasks with different Users by using one keywordtest

Hi, i just got started with distributed testing and have my first question. I would like to perform same regression tests on serious "slave pcs" but with different users:

Job1:

Task1_PC2: Keywordtest_UserLogin ("testuser1")

Task2_PC3: Keywordtest_UserLogin ("testuser2")

Task3_PC4: Keywordtest_UserLogin ("testuser3")

I think this is a standard situation for distributed test, but i just did not figure out, how can i specify different login users on each slave pc.

Any Advises are welcome,thanks.

• Hi Lee,

As far as I understand, you want to execute one test on one host under different users, right? Here is what you can do:

1. Add one host under different names to the Hosts editor, and specify the users in the User Name field. There is no need to specify an additional parameter to your keyword test.

2. If you want to pass a parameter with the user name to your keyword test, you will need to add a special handler at the beginning of the test that will change the user name of the target host. This article contains an example that will help you.

2 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Lee,

As far as I understand, you want to execute one test on one host under different users, right? Here is what you can do:

1. Add one host under different names to the Hosts editor, and specify the users in the User Name field. There is no need to specify an additional parameter to your keyword test.

2. If you want to pass a parameter with the user name to your keyword test, you will need to add a special handler at the beginning of the test that will change the user name of the target host. This article contains an example that will help you.

leeasdf9
    Frequent Contributor
    Thanks Tanya for great advices, the 2nd option is exactly what i want.

Lee