Forum Discussion

rodrigueA
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

Exception for Find Object

Hello,

In a first time I must explain the context.
I test a smartphone application (Android and IOS).
I use keyword tests (cause I don't know script langage).
I have in a page, several objetc with same ID, but different labels. I've made a "Find object" instruction where I check when child has the desired label, and I touch it.
It works, I can with this method find the desired object in the list and touch it.
But in other functionnalities, sometime the same page with same objet it's use, only the context (parents in arborescence) is different. When I try to record a test in this pages, the objets are maped in others arborescencies by TestComplete.
And so, after when I try to launch the previously test (that worked before) it make an error. In log there is exception on the search of the object, with no more explaination.

I suppose that is due to that now the object i mapped with 2 diffrents context. Is it possible to clarify the context in my keyword test, for can execute action in this screen integrated in differents screen according to the test I want execute.

Thanks for your help, I hope I've been enough clear cause this problem is complicate to explain, and I try it here not in my mother tongue.

1 Reply