Forum Discussion

simonaferrara
Frequent Contributor
8 months ago
Solved

Download Appium compatible version for Mobile test

Hi all,
for Mobile tests, I've seen that Test Complete is compatible only with a previous version of Appium (not the latest one) but I've difficulties to find the download link for this specific version (the appium site download only the latest version). Can you please help me by providing the link where I can download the right version compatible with Test Complete? Thanks!

6 Replies

simonaferrara
    Frequent Contributor

Update: I've found a way to install appium 1.22.3 version, but now I'm blocked because an uiautomator2 compliant with this version cannot be found, and I fall on several errors.

In general, the documentation should be updated very clearly of the versions to be installed and the right procedure. The "appium driver install uiautomator2" command cannot be executed on appium version 1.22.3 ! 

Anyone has been able to complete the installation of appium and the needed prerequisites to connect it to Test Complete and can please help me?

Thanks!

Simona

simonaferrara
    Frequent Contributor

rraghvani unfortunately not, by following the linked documentation, that shows the following command to install appium "npm install -g appium", it install the latest version (the 2 one, and not the older one currently supported by SmartBear).